Hard to Place
What is Commercial Auto Hard to Place insurance?
Commercial Auto Hard to Place Insurance refers to insurance coverage for commercial vehicles that are considered high-risk and are challenging to insure through standard insurance markets. "Hard to place" indicates that these vehicles or businesses present a higher level of risk, making them less desirable to traditional insurance carriers. In such cases, businesses may turn to specialized or surplus lines insurers that are willing to underwrite higher-risk policies.
What risks are considered Hard to Place?
Several factors can contribute to a vehicle or business being classified as "hard to place" in the commercial auto insurance market. Some common reasons include:
- Poor Driving Records: Vehicles operated by drivers with a history of accidents, traffic violations, or DUI convictions may be considered high-risk.
- High-Risk Industries: Businesses in industries with elevated risks, such as logging, towing, waste disposal, or hazardous materials transportation, may face challenges in finding coverage through standard markets.
- High-Value or Specialized Vehicles: Commercial vehicles with high values or specialized equipment may be harder to insure through standard channels.
- Frequent Claims History: Businesses with a history of frequent insurance claims may find it challenging to secure coverage through traditional insurers.
- Non-Standard Situations: Unusual or non-standard situations, such as insuring a vehicle with extensive modifications, may be difficult to place with standard insurers.
Commercial Auto Hard to Place Insurance may still offer the necessary coverage for businesses with high-risk vehicles or operations, but it often comes with higher premiums and more restrictive terms. Surplus lines insurers, also known as non-admitted or specialty insurers, are typically involved in providing coverage for hard-to-place risks.
Contact an insurance agent for more information
If you are still looking for insurance for your Hard to Place commercial auto vehicle, contact us for an insurance agent in your area..Find an Insurance Agent Near You