Liability and Physical Damage
What is Commercial Automobile insurance?
Commercial Automobile (Commercial Auto) insurance provides liability and physical damage coverage for vehicles used primarily for business, such as cars, vans, trucks, and trailers. Commercial Auto Physical Damage protects businesses from financial losses from physical damage to vehicles they own or hire.
What does a Commercial Auto insurance policy cover?
Commercial Auto insurance covers property damage, medical bills, and legal fees if a business-owned vehicle is involved in an accident, theft, vandalism, and other damages or losses to the vehicle. Some of these coverages include:
- Bodily Injury Liability - Coverage provided for bodily injury or death resulting from an accident
- Property Damage Liability - Coverage provided if you cause damage to another vehicle
- Medical Payments - Coverage for medical costs for the driver or passenger resulting from an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage - Coverage for medical payments, and sometimes physical damage, caused by a hit and run or uninsured driver
- Comprehensive Physical Damage - Coverage of vehicles or trailers on a policy for physical damage caused by something other than a car accident, including theft, vandalism, fire, flood, or other damages
- Collision Coverage - Coverage for damages to vehicles or trailers from the collision from another vehicle
Does a small business need Commercial Auto insurance?
Any business using vehicles primarily for business use could benefit from Commercial Auto insurance, including those who:
- Drive to various different job sites.
- Use their vehicle to deliver food or merchandise.
- Rely on vehicles to transport their equipment, etc.
What vehicles are covered by Commercial Auto Insurance?
Commercial Auto insurance is not exclusive to certain types of vehicles. Any vehicle or trailer, as long as it is used primarily for business purposes, can be protected, including:
- Fleet of Vehicles
- Pickup Trucks
- Delivery Trucks & Vans
- Food Trucks
- Passenger Vans
- Box Trucks
- Flatbed trucks
- Service & Repair Trucks
- Mobile Mechanics
- Retail Delivery
- Moving Trucks
What are some businesses covered by Commercial Auto?
- Amazon Delivery
- Food Deliver
- Artisan Constractors
- Courier Services
- Freight Forwarders
- Frozen Food Distributors
- Home Appliance Retailers
- Furniture Stores
- Cable Installers
- Service and Repair
- General Contractors
- Mobile Mechanics
Contact an insurance agent for more information
Contact an insurance agent for more information on selecting the right Commercial Auto policy for your business. Contact us, and we can provide you with an insurance agent in your area.Find an Insurance Agent Near You